Thankful Thursdays

What a week!

1.) A Great Hike
I was able to get a babysitter on the holiday Monday so that the hubby and I could go on a hike that we have been talking about for years; The Chief. The Chief is all the way out in Squamish so it was quite a drive and seeing how it was the holiday Monday it was packed and the drive home was stop and go for the first while. Those were the only two downfalls. There are three different peaks that you can hike to. Most try and do all three in one go with a 5-6 hour day but seeing how we had a bit of a time limit we chose to do just Peak 2 as that had the best reviews of being the most challenging hike/best view. Of course this is based on each personal experience. My experience, I think I would have liked Peak 1 for the view, we will just have to go another time! In total it took us about 3 hours. At times it felt like we were trying to summit Everest. If you have ever seen a documentary you would know what I am talking about. Because you can only summit Everest at the same time each year there are always a ton of people trying at the same time, thus you end up with a huge line of people. Lesson learned, don't go on a holiday!


my eyes look closed but aren't. It was the exhaustion from the hike 

2.) The bubsters birthday party
I am so happy that we were able to finally get David's birthday party done this past weekend. We had to postpone it a week because all the kiddos came down with a stomach flu. It really was a blessing in disguise because I was NOT ready for it anyway and was stressing big time the week before. We had only two families join us along with some of Jon's family but it was perfect. The weather was awesome so they were able to play outside for most of it. It was a superhero theme with a focus on his favorite, Spiderman.


3.) Winning a ticket to the Modern Belly Social.
 I enter lots of contests and I've been blessed with some great prizes in the last year. Most have come from personal blogs like Discovering Parenthood by Tamara Goyette and Little Miss Mama. This past week I won a ticket to the Modern Belly Social from Discovering Parenthood, put on by Modern Mama with the help of West Coast Kids providing the location. Although I am not expecting right now I do hope to be in the near future and there was also supposed to be an expert on diastasis recti, Diane Lee, which I was really hoping to chat to! Unfortunately she wasn't able to make it due to some sick kiddos but I am very much going to be getting in contact with her to get a little more help with closing my diastis. I really enjoyed going even though it was in Vancouver. We were also given some time to shop at the end with a 10% discount! There's not much that I need for my kiddos right now but I did scoop up some natural nail polish by Piggly Wiggly for the girls. OK and I won the biggest prize there!! It is a traveling system by Britax, a stroller and car seat. We have never owned amazing baby gear this like! It would never fit into our budget so I am so blessed to have won. We won't be able to use it for a little while yet but I am ok with that! Worth the drive! I get to pick my color and then it will be shipped to me.

 4.) My body
It's not perfect but it is healthy. I am so thankful that I am able to go on hikes like we did and run with my kiddos in our back yard. I was incredibly sore after the hike and I am just starting to walk a little easier today and it just brings it into reality that I am actually able to do these things and to be thankful for that.


5.) Seeing my photos in print.
I entered a photo contest a little while ago and a bunch of my photos were chosen for a booklet at the annual Impact Conference. I received some great gifts cards to Earls and Home Sense in return.This will definitely be a date night later down the road.



 *Bonus: I'm a bit behind on editing due to some sick kiddos and David's birthday but I was able to finish off the recent newborn session that I did and now only have one more to finish up. I loved editing these ones because they were a lot more lifestyle which I prefer to do. 






Labels: , , ,